Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The easiest chicken pot pie on earth!

There is a few things I look for when cooking a new meal

  1. budget friendly
  2. easy
  3. quick
  4. delish
  5. easy
  6. easy
  7. easy
I LOVE Marie Calendars Chicken pot pie. One day I thought I would be healthy and go out and buy one. Not so much. Have you ever checked how much fat is in those things. Don't do it, you will never truly enjoy one of her chicken pot pies again. 

Below is my healthier, EASY and budget friendly version of chicken pot pie. My husband really liked this dish. This says a lot. Javy claims he is not picky. This is not true, he is the pickiest eater I know. If he liked it, you will too.

Ingrediants:
  • 2 chicken breast- cooked- shredded
  • 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cans of mixed veggies (drained)
  • 1 box ready to bake pie crusts

Pre heat over to 375 degrees. Once chicken is shredded, mix with soup, and mixed veggies


Place 1/2 of pie crust at bottom of pie plate and press down


fill pie with chicken mixture

Place other 1/2 of pie crust on top of mixture, press around bottom of crust into place. When done slice 3 lines into top of raw crust


Cook pie for 45 mins or until crust is light brown



Wait 5 minutes to cool down, cut and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment