Monday, September 3, 2012

Fish! It's what for dinner

In efforts to get healthy and loose the L-Bs I am committed to eating fish at least once per week. Living in Colorado it's not exactly exciting going to the grocery store to pick out the freshest catch of the day. It's more like going to see what frozen fish is the cheapest this week.

My fish of choice is normally tilapia. It's not fishy tasting or smelling, reasonably priced and easy to cook with. Tonight Javy asked what kind of Tilapia I was making. I was planning on throwing some lemon pepper on the fillet o fish and calling it a day. Crap, this wasn't going to be fly with him, he was expecting gourmet style. I had to think fast, I had to make something a tad bit tastier. Below is a recipe I made up and it was D to the LIGHT! (sorry, I forgot to take pics, but trust me it's good. You will love it, you will make it again, you will thank me later)




3 Cheese Encrusted Tilapia

Ingredients


  • 2/3 cup plain bread crumbs
  • 1 TBL  dijon mustard (don't ask where this ingredient came from when creating this)
  • 1/2 TSP dried parsley
  • 2 TSP lemon pepper
  • 1/2 cup Parm cheese
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
  • 4 Tilapia fillets


Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and spray bottom of baking dish. Mix together first 7 ingredients. Once mixed well, press mixture onto the top of each tilapia fillet. Place tilapia fillets into baking dish and cook uncovered in pre heated oven for 10-15 minutes or until fish is cooked through. YUM!


I served with steamed broccoli and the rice you can always guarantee I have in my house, Knorr Cheddar Broccoli Rice. This stuff is cheap, and a little treat on your taste buds.






Go Indulge in a fishy treat folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment